- The Santa Cruz Film Festival supports and promotes film arts for the local community and for filmmakers and their audiences world-wide.
- Through the production of an annual film festival and year-round events and educational activities, the Santa Cruz Film Festival engages the entire community in the appreciation of the film arts, and is becoming a national leader in the film festival industry for communities of our size.
- We bring the year’s best and most relevant films to Santa Cruz by actively soliciting new and contemporary films that have positive industry attention, and by reviewing and selecting the best among the hundreds of films that are submitted through our call for entries
- We strengthen the local film making community by showing local films, providing informal networking opportunities, and by hosting industry talks and forums.
- We sustain our efforts by creating strong mutually beneficial relationships between audiences, sponsors, community partners, and filmmakers based on the content and craft of our films.
- We build community by bringing filmmakers and audiences together to better enjoy the fun and art of film making.
- We educate and inspire our audiences and youth in the community with lectures, question and answer sessions, and workshops.
The Santa Cruz Film Festival is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization. Our Tax ID # is 30-0053845. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by IRS law.